I am currently a senior researcher at Tencent AI Lab working on Language Understanding and Parsing. In addition to that, I’m also interested in Question Answering (QA), Information Extraction (IE) and Machine Translation (MT). I earned my Ph.D. degree from the Computer Science Department at the University of Rochester, where I’m honored to have Professor Daniel Gildea as my academic advisor. I got my Bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University (China), where I participated in several ACM/ICPC competitions. After that, I earned my master degree from the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Science (ICT/CAS). I’m very lucky to be advised by Professor Qun Liu, who brings me to this wonderful and exciting area on natural language processing. During my master program, I laid a solid foundation on Statistical Machine Translation, POS tagging and Parsing.
- 2020.03 Our paper entitled “Evidence Integration for Multi-hop Reading Comprehension with Graph Neural Networks” has finally been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE).
- 2020.03 I’m honored to become an Area Chair (Meta-reviewer) for the “Semantics” track of EMNLP 2020.
- 2019.10 We got four papers accepted by AAAI 2020, including an oral presentation. Paper draft and source code will be released shortly.
- 2019.08 We got one paper (Leveraging Dependency Forest for Neural Medical Relation Extraction) accepted by EMNLP 2019. Paper draft and source code will be released shortly.
- 2019.05 We have one short paper (SemBleu: A Robust Metric for AMR Parsing Evaluation) and a full paper (Graph-based Neural Sentence Ordering) being accepted by ACL 2019 and IJCAI 2019, respectively.
- 2019.05 I successfully defended my Ph.D. on April 29th, 2019. After 5 years living in Rochester, I will move to the greater Seattle area and join Tencent AI lab as a senior scientist.