I am currently a senior researcher at Tencent AI Lab working on Dialogue Modeling, Language Understanding, Semantic Parsing and Syntactic Parsing. In addition to that, I’m also interested in Question Answering (QA), Information Extraction (IE) and Machine Translation (MT). I earned my Ph.D. degree from the Computer Science Department at the University of Rochester, where I’m honored to have Professor Daniel Gildea as my academic advisor. I got my Bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University (China), where I was a major member of the ACM/ICPC club there. After that, I earned my master degree from the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Science (ICT/CAS). I’m lucky to be advised by Dr. Qun Liu, who brings me to this exciting research field.
- 2022.03 Our paper “Variational Graph Autoencoding as Cheap Supervision for AMR Coreference Resolution” was accepted by ACL 2022.
- 2021.12 Our paper “Hierarchical Context Tagging for Utterance Rewriting” was accepted by AAAI 2022.
- 2021.09 We got 2 long papers and 1 paper accepted by EMNLP 2021 and JAIR.
- 2021.05 I’m so excited that our paper “Video-aided Unsupervised Grammar Induction” was selected as the Best Long Paper at the 2021 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL).
- 2021.05 We got 4 papers accepted by ACL 2021(2 long and 1 short in the main track, 1 long in Findings).
- 2021.04 We got 1 paper accepted by IJCAI 2021.
- 2020.12 I’m honored to serve as a senior PC member (≈Area Chair) at IJCAI 2021.
- 2020.11 I’m honored to join the editorial team of TACL, a top journel focusing on NLP.
- 2020.09 I’ll be giving an invited talk about the current progress on AMR parsing and AMR-to-text generation at CCL 2020.
- 2020.09 We have one long paper and a short paper accepted by EMNLP 2020.
- 2020.04 We have one long paper and a short paper accepted by ACL 2020.
- 2020.03 Our paper entitled “Evidence Integration for Multi-hop Reading Comprehension with Graph Neural Networks” has finally been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE).
- 2020.03 I’m honored to serve as an Area Chair (Meta-reviewer) for the “Semantics” track of EMNLP 2020.
- 2019.10 We got four papers accepted by AAAI 2020, including an oral presentation. Paper draft and source code will be released shortly.
- 2019.08 We got one paper (Leveraging Dependency Forest for Neural Medical Relation Extraction) accepted by EMNLP 2019. Paper draft and source code will be released shortly.
- 2019.05 We have one short paper (SemBleu: A Robust Metric for AMR Parsing Evaluation) and a full paper (Graph-based Neural Sentence Ordering) being accepted by ACL 2019 and IJCAI 2019, respectively.
- 2019.05 I successfully defended my Ph.D. on April 29th, 2019. After 5 years living in Rochester, I will move to the greater Seattle area and join Tencent AI lab as a senior research scientist.